The most important thing about joining Bike for Good is that you believe in our ‘Why’. We are here to change lives through cycling, and we believe in creating an environment where everyone benefits from riding a bike. We need our team to support our vision, since we are the people making it happen!
Bike for Good is always looking for volunteers, session staff, employees, and Trustees. You can find ads for vacancies on this page. If you want to make sure you do not miss any vacancies please subscribe to our newsletter and follow our social media channels.
We believe in a healthy work/life balance and offer generous staff benefits. Read our full list of staff rewards and benefits here.
Bike for Good strongly believes that it is important to have a diverse workforce. We acknowledge that marginalised communities are integral to cycling and we want to build an inclusive and representative community, both within our organisation and everywhere we work.
We strongly encourage people that identify with a marginalised background (for example – people of colour, people from working-class backgrounds, LGBTQI+ people) to apply for our roles.
Freelance Trainers (Sessional Workers)
Bike for good is seeking skilled and experienced freelance trainers to deliver Cycle Training and Led Rides across the city.
If you have a keen passion for cycling and helping others and have the relevant qualifications, please get in touch.
Trainers must have:
- Ride Leader and Cycle Trainer qualifications.
- First Aid Certificate (must be up to date)
Bike for Good does not currently provide any training courses to help you gain these qualifications. Please check the Cycling Scotland website for different options if you wish to become qualified as a Cycle Trainer.
Motion Forward freelance roles
Motion Forward is always seeking skilled and experienced Mechanics, Drivers and Bike Maintenance Trainers to support our Bike Share Scheme and B2B team in Glasgow.
If you have a keen passion for cycling, helping others, and have the relevant qualifications, please get in touch.
- Mechanics must: have 2 years experience working as a bike mechanic and have basic knowledge of electronics. Must be comfortable with lone working
- Drivers must: be over 25 years old, have experience driving a van in an urban environment, be comfortable with lone working, have bike mechanic experience and have basic knowledge of electronics
- Bike Maintenance trainers must: have 2 years of experience working as a bike mechanic, have experience planning and delivering maintenance classes and be comfortable with lone working
To apply, please complete the application form below (it’s the same form for all 3 roles) alongside the Equal Opportunities form and 2 references. Once completed, please email to email@example.com
We use findmyshift to schedule all our shifts. Findmyshift is a website for creating staff rotas, sending rotas to staff, tracking the hours they work and generating payroll data. Its primary purpose is to help manage staff and to give those staff better visibility of their upcoming shifts.