COVID-19: Shop Sales and Repairs
An update on how we are handling the current Covid-19 situation, related to shop sales and repairs. We are running by appointment only (no drop-ins) and wearing a mask is mandatory.
We are facing massive demand for bike sales currently, as cycling has increased and interested many new people during lockdown.
Bike sales are taking place at the West and South Hubs on Saturdays, and by appointment only – appointments are released weekly, and once we are booked up for the week then the appointments disappear.
We are not selling kids bikes, only adults. This is due to our reserve of kids bikes being utilised for a project for low-income families.
Please do not message us asking what we have in stock, or if we can reserve stock for you – unfortunately, we do not have resources to cope with these requests.
To book a sales appointment, click the blue button and select Option A to book into the South, or Option B to book into the West.
Repairs are taking place at both West and South Hubs on Tuesdays and Fridays, again by appointment only.
We will be taking part in the Scotland Cycle Repair Scheme as of September. We will not be offering the scheme before then. Full details here.
To book a repair appointment, click the blue button and select Option A to book into the South Hub, or Option B to book into the West Hub.
Fix Your Own Bike
We are not currently able to run Fix Your Own Bike, but instead we are offering a 1:1 session with a Dr Bike mechanic via Zoom. If you need an emergency basic repair (e.g. a puncture, saddle adjustment, brake or gear adjustment), but need a little guidance – this is the option for you.
To book a Virtual Dr Bike session, click the blue button and select Option C – Online Maintenance Classes.
Our new way of serving you
- Customer entrances have changed – please wait in the customer waiting area and someone will come for you at your appointment time.
- When waiting outside, maintain social distancing, keeping 2 metres apart. We have marked the area out to help you.
- We will allow 1 customer in the shop at a time.
- There are sanitising stations and gloves throughout the building – please sanitise your hands on entry and at the till point.
- Please maintain 2 metre social distancing at all times from staff.
- Test rides are allowed, though if you can avoid it, it will save us time sanitising bikes every time. The usual 3 month warranty remains.
- Please do not touch bikes unless they are passed to you by staff.
- Parts and accessories are out of reach and should not be touched.
- There is a one way system in and out of the shop – please use it.
If you need to pay but don’t have your card with you, please donate through our LocalGiving page.
Update correct as of Tuesday 14th July 2020.