COVID-19: Shop Sales and Repairs
An update on how we are handling the current Covid-19 situation, related to shop sales and repairs. We are remaining open during the national lockdown as an essential service. However, both our Hubs are generally closed to the public unless there is a drop-in session or pre-booked appointment, with the exception of bike sales. Mask-wearing is mandatory.
Bike sales are taking place at our West Hub on Fridays and Saturdays from 9am-5pm. You no longer need to book.
We usually post the inventory for sale on Facebook – please be patient with us if we don’t manage to post it. We can’t reserve stock, so just drop in to buy as we operate on a first-come-first-served basis.
We are taking bookings for repairs at both West and South Hubs for Wednesday and Friday appointments. Please note, repairs will not be completed the same day.
Please note – we no longer have the funds to apply the Scotland Cycle Repair Scheme discount.
Normal repair appointments will be released fortnightly on a Wednesday by midday. Please click the button below to book a repair appointment.
Quick fix drop-in repairs
Please come by the West or the South Hub on a Thursday or a Saturday if you have a minor, quick-fix repair and we will do our best to help you out. Please note that your repair may not be carried out on the spot, it will depend on how busy our mechanics are at the time. Any bigger repairs must be booked in – see button above.
- West Hub:
Thursday: 9am – 12pm
Saturday: 1 – 5pm
- South Hub
Thursday: 9am – 5pm
Saturday: 9am – 5pm
Puncture repairs can be brought into both hubs between 9am-5pm Wednesdays to Saturdays and we will do our best to fix them right away.
What services are we still providing?
We are still offering 1-1 confidence building rides, Bike Buddies and loan bikes (plus helmets, locks, lights and panniers) for Key Workers only.
Our Cargo Bike Library service is still on offer for essential businesses only.
Fleet Maintenance and Dr Bike services will continue in a contactless format for essential businesses only.
The Cycling Friendly Employer scheme will now be delivered online.
Our events have moved online – you can find a list of upcoming events here. We are still hosting film clubs to keep you inspired!
Fix Your Own Bike & Maintenance classes
Due to recent announcements for Glasgow, all FYOB sessions are cancelled and maintenance classes are moving online soon (more to follow) for 2021 while we are in national lockdown. Hopefully, we will be able to restart these again as soon as the situation changes.
Unfortunately due to covid restrictions, we are unable to do any donated bike pickups at the moment – we will let you know when this changes. However, you can drop them off at either of our hubs in the bays outside the doors.
Bikes for All
We now have to pause in-person Bikes for All sign-ups at the West Hub on Wednesdays. Instead, please call 07541 640693 if you need a membership.
All group and led rides are cancelled.
Our new way of serving you
- We are not generally open to the public – unless you have an appointment for a repair, or it is for a quick repair or to purchase a bike on the above mentioned days.
- Customer entrances have changed – please queue outside until a staff member lets you in.
- When waiting outside, maintain social distancing, keeping 2 metres apart. We have marked the area out to help you.
- We will allow 1 customer in the shop at a time.
- There are sanitising stations and gloves throughout the building – please sanitise your hands on entry and at the till point.
- Please maintain 2 metre social distancing at all times from staff.
- Test rides are allowed, though if you can avoid it, it will save us time sanitising bikes every time. The usual 3 month warranty remains.
- Please do not touch bikes unless they are passed to you by staff.
- Parts and accessories are out of reach and should not be touched.
Update correct as of Friday 5th March 2021.