Glasgow South Community Hub can be found at 539 Langside Lane / Victoria Road, G42 8BH
On the 1st april 2019 we unveiled our brand new Southside Hub in Govanhill. We moved from 509 Victoria Road just around the corner to Langside Lane, 539 Victoria Road, due to the growing demand for our services and need for more space!
Just like our Glasgow West Hub, you will find a range of activities and services to help create an environment where everyone benefits from riding a bicycle.
- FREE activities for local people of all abilities
- A place for the local community to gather and share our passion for cycling
- A selection of refurbished bikes for sale
- New and used parts & accessories for sale
- Servicing and maintenance for your bikes by skilled mechanics
- Individual or small group cycling and cycle confidence sessions
- Bikes, helmets, locks, lights, trailers and child seats to borrow for sessions, and to loan out
- Opportunities for you to learn how to fix your own bike (FYOB)
- Volunteer opportunities
- Social events such as film nights
- Women’s ride: Thursdays, 11:30 – 1pm
- Adult’s ride: Saturdays, 10am – 12pm
- Women only group lesson: Thursdays, 10 – 11am
- Kids and adults: email or call 0141 261 1609 to book
Fix Your Own Bike
- Adults: Thursdays, 5:30 – 8pm (drop in)
- 11 – 18 year olds: Tuesdays, 3:30 – 5pm (drop in)
Spokes Not Blokes: first Tuesday of each month, 5 – 8pm – information here
Drop in to speak to our experienced mechanics about repairs and servicing – we can give your bike an assessment and quote on-the-spot. We have refurbished bikes for sale from £25 upwards for kids bikes and £85 upwards for adult bikes, and a wide range of new and refurbished parts and accessories for sale. Please note we are closed on Mondays.
community room to rent
Our community room to hire is a large 150 square metre carpeted space with a maximum capacity of 150 (excluding tables and chairs). It can be booked between the hours of 9am and midnight. You are welcome to organise your own catering. Room must be left as you found it!
The room includes:
- Foldable large plastic tables (holding 8)
- Approximately 60 chairs (more can be arranged)
- Screen and projector
- Tea and coffee refreshments (£1 per head)
- A door which opens up into the outside garden and sitting area
Cost of room:
- £30 per hour – Monday to Saturday between 9am and 10pm
- £40 per hour – Monday to Saturday between 10pm and midnight
- £40 per hour – Sundays. Please note Sunday bookings must be made 7 day in advance, and are minimum 2 hours.
Any questions, please email to email@example.com
Please use the booking form below
contact glasgow south community hub
For any questions or bookings:
For workshop enquiries:
0141 261 1609
To keep up to date with all our activities, follow the Glasgow South Community Hub Facebook page.