Cycling Friendly Employer
Bike for Good is the accredited service centre for Glasgow.
We assess organisations working towards achieving the Cycling Friendly Employer award, a nationally recognised award for workplaces that are helping more people to cycle.
The award recognises and celebrates the hard work of organisations that are supporting more people to choose cycling as a healthy and sustainable way to travel.
If you’re interested in working towards the award, you’ll benefit from:
- A framework, resources and bespoke support to help your organisation work towards the award
- Support from assessors at Bike for Good to guide you through the process
- A nationally recognised award, valid for three years
- Recognition for your organisation’s commitment to supporting physical and mental health, tackling climate change, working to overcome inequalities and improvement of your local environment
Find out more about the Cycling Friendly award here
Register to get started working towards the award here
Bike for Good can support employers to become more cycling friendly:
- By providing and maintaining a fleet of bikes for business journeys
- By supplying employees with bikes through the CycleScheme or Green Commute Initiative salary sacrifice scheme
- By bringing our Dr Bike mobile workshop to your workplace to deliver repairs
- By delivering cycle training including off and on-road confidence building sessions, accompanied commutes and led-ride socials
Employers registered for the award will also have access to a Development Fund which can be used to improve cycle parking and changing facilities or purchase fleet bikes.
To apply for up to £25,000 of funding, workplaces must demonstrate how the grant will help them achieve the award criteria.
Download more information about the Development Fund here.
For any questions relating to the Development Fund contact the Cycling Friendly team at Cycling Scotland.
Telephone: 0141 229 5350